Stemfactor™ LIF, Mouse Recombinant
03-0011 / 03-0011-100
Mouse LIF is a lymphoid factor that promotes long-term maintenance of the pluripotency of mouse PSCs by suppressing spontaneous differentiation.
Note: shown do not include shipping and handling charges.
Mouse LIF is a lymphoid factor that promotes long-term maintenance of the pluripotency of mouse embryonic stem cells by suppressing spontaneous differentiation1,2. Leukemia Inhibitory Factor (LIF) has additional functions such as cholinergic neuron differentiation, bone and fat metabolism, mitogenesis of certain factor-dependent cell lines and promotion of megakaryocyte production in vivo. Mouse LIF is an approximate 20 kDa protein containing 202 amino acid residues.
Stemgent and the Stemfactor brand name are trademarks of REPROCELL Inc., Japan.
- 1 mL, 10 µg/mL (03-0011)
- 1 mL, 100 µg/mL (03-0011-100)
Purity: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE analysis.
Formulation: LIF is supplied as a 0.22 µm sterile filtered liquid in PBS containing 1% w/v BSA as carrier.
Storage and Stability: LIF is shipped at room temperature. Concentrated LIF is stable for up to 6 months from date of receipt when stored at 4 °C. Prior to use dilute LIF in sterile tissue culture media, aliquot to a convenient concentration, and store at 4 °C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles as it can result in loss of activity.
Sterility: Tested to be negative for mycoplasma by PCR and microbial contamination by a sterility test.
- 1 mL of mouse LIF with the specific activity of 1×106 units/ml is sufficient to treat 1 L of embryonic stem cell culture media.
- 1 mL of mouse LIF with the specific activity of 1×107 units/ml is sufficient to treat 10 L of embryonic stem cell culture media.
- 10 µg/mL (Cat. No. 03-0011)
- 100 µg/mL (Cat. No. 03-0011-100)
Source: E. coli
Endotoxin Level: Less than 1 EU/µg of LIF as determined by the LAL method.
Biologic Activity: Mouse LIF activity is assessed by its ability to decrease the proliferation of M1 myeloid leukemia cells. The specific activity is 1×106 units/mL (Cat. No. 03-0011) and 1×107 units/mL (Cat. No. 03-0011-100), where 50 units is defined as the amount of mouse LIF required to decrease the proliferation of M1 cells in suspension by 50%.
- Kim B; So S; Choi J; Kang E; Lee Y. Efficient method for generating homozygous embryonic stem cells in mice. J Animal Reproduction Biotech 37:48 (2022).
- Huang G; Yan H; Ye S; Tong C; Ying Q-L. STAT3 Phosphorylation at Tyrosine 705 and Serine727 Deferentially Regulates Mouse ESC Fates. Stem Cells 32:1149-1160 (2014).
- Ying, Q., Tai, C. Gbx2, a LIF/Stat3 target, promotes reprogramming to and retention of the pluripotent ground state. Journal of Cell Science 126, 1093 — 1098 (2013).